Ever wonder why 80% of Americans are overweight? Other countries do not have this problem except Australia.
I have and I think I know why. There are many factors to consider:
- Diet ….what are people eating? This is the most important factor to take into consideration. Want to slim down? Cut out all animal products and eat only plant base foods. This is hard I know because Americans are addicted to their meat just like they are addicted to sugar. 50% of Americans have Diabetes.
- Lack of exercise. Even if you walk rapidly this will help burn the calories.
- All of the chemicals, additives, pesticides, high fructose corn syrup, MSG (27 different words mean MSG in the actual ingredients listed).
- Eating too much processed foods, containing enriched white flour, white sugar and white salt.
- Foods that are nutrient deficient. Even vegetables, fruits, grains, and legumes that may not be organic have very little nutrients compared to years past.
- Our bodies are actually starving and we just keep eating.